I love this time of year. Bulbs are starting to peek up in my flower beds. The DH is foaming at the mouth every time he sees movement in the yard. It seems the battle to win the great war on squirrel kind rages on (read the chronicles of Squirrel Wars here) . I can torture the kids with threats of “spring cleaning”, as if! The ovum of poultry sit like blank canvas awaiting my mad Jackson Pollack-esque dying skills. Yes I’m that gifted at the task.
(never mind that it “looks” like he’s just making a mess, he was a genius. Just ask any art snob, aka my father).
What I like most about this time of year though is the pageantry of it all. Easter bonnet.. with all those frills upon it, eggs and candy and annoying plastic grass I’ll be cleaning up until tinsel takes it’s place? I’m in! This year though I’ve found a way to meld my passion for peeps, of both human and sugar lineage, with my adoration of all of YOU and a charity I believe in, the Children’s Miracle Network. Toss in some chocolate from Hershey’s and it’s ALL GOOD!
- Hershey Company will donate $10 per each blog post in the Better Basket Blog Hop to Children’s Miracle Network, up to total of $5,000.
I give my Blog Hop basket to Madeline of Peace Love Lipgloss I thank Tiffany of SITS fame for introducing me to her at Bloggy Bootcamp’s Baltimore stop. We later got a chance to kvetch at Momz Share. Madeline’s tag line “Go forth and feel pretty” is something I really think we all need to do for ourselves (even you Ed). Nuggetiers this girl has got it down! She is gorgeous inside and out. She reminds me of all the life and renewal that makes me love spring so, Madeline.. this basket is for you!
HERSHEY’S BETTER BASKET BLOG HOP RULES
* Copy and paste these rules to your blog post.
* Create a blog post giving a virtual Easter Basket to another blogger – you can give as many Virtual Baskets as you want.
* Link back to person who gave you an Easter Basket.
* Let each person you are giving a Virtual Easter Basket know you have given them a Basket.
* Leave your link at BetterBasket.info/BlogHop comment section. You can also find the official rules of this #betterbasket blog hop, and more information about Better Basket with Hershey’s there.
* Hershey’s is donating $10 per each blog participating to the Better Basket Blog Hop to Children’s Miracle Network (up to total of $5,000 by blog posts written by April 4th, 2010).
* Please note that only one blog post by each blog url will count towards the donation.