Hello taps mic is this thing on? Hi, there everybody it’s great to be here in where the hell am I again Narnia? Though I could have done with a bigger wardrobe, but eh what girl couldn’t? Bada Bing! Seriously though folks I’m here to jump on the bandwagon tell you about what I’m thankful for this year. Yeah yeah, like you need to hear the mushy and cliche “I’m thankful for my family, the dog and fried dough” stuff. So I’ll spare you that, instead boring wowing you with the top ten -in no particular order- sonotcliche things I’m thankful for. Enter the soap box, upon which I shall now install myself.
- K-cups. Sure I don’t have a freaking Keurig but just the knowledge that there is a rapid-delivery-multi-function-endless-option dispensary out there for caffeine gives this coffee junkie hope and THAT is something to be thankful for.
- Day Light Savings. Seriously how could you NOT be thankful for an extra hour of sleep even if it’s only for a day or two, so what if it ends up getting dark at noon?
- Sweater Weather. I, and my muffin top, will be forever thankful for this season of hiding of the wobbly bits under chic sheep’s fur.
- Chestnuts. Okay so I can’t say that I’ve ever roasted one on a fire, open or closed, but those suckers sure taste great in Pad Thai!
- Fiber. Cardboard no.. fiber yes.
- Frederick’s of Hollywood. Now pull your brains out of the gutter people, we are not going there. I’m thankful for Freddie’s because no where else on earth seems to get exactly how much freak-of-nature boobies, like the girls, need the “lift and separate” treatment. Uniboob can be stopped in our lifetime if we all do our part!
- Twitter. What? Well yes I’m thankful for Twitter, I can while away hours and hours doing nothing but “talking” to strangers on the interwebs, it’s like blogging in the round. (love me a new waste of time)
- My big ole jacuzzi bath tub. Nuf said
- Spanx. Also needs no explanation
- Nigella Lawson. Swoon, she is my girl crush. The woman can cook like nobody’s business, she’s all about the itty-bity-waist and a…. in your face and that does not stop her from owning the screen and ending her show by either raiding the fridge and dining in the doorway or hopping into her bed, surrounded by stacks of books and noshing on leftovers. That is my kind of chick! Thanks Nigella for actually eating what you cook unlike others, who I suspect either purge or in the case of at least one, subsist on human blood (it’s NOT a good thing okay!)
And number 11 -I was never good at math- I’m thankful for YOU, The Nuggetiers, my readers, peeps, entourage if you will. You stop by and give me your time and for that I can not thank you enough.
Happy Turkey Day Gang!