Sleep. I knew thee well. Once upon a time. Then unto the kingdom of Nuggets were born offspring. Offspring bent on banishing sleep from the queen’s bed forever.
Okay so maybe it’s not that dramatic, but it’s close. Kids are great, but they aren’t so great on ye ole sleep schedule. The stark reality is that it’s gotten so bad I’d give up an evening with Johnny Depp for 10 uninterrupted hours of deep, restful, glorious sleep. Honest I would. What you don’t believe me? Geez
Lucky for me I’ve got a Fairy God-Mattress in my future. The folks at Sleep Number are unveiling their new i10 bed right here in my neck of the kingdom. They have asked me to help them introduce the new i10 at their store inside the Westfield Montgomery Mall in Bethesda, MD. As it turns out they didn’t actually want me to just lay around in the bed all day (dam!).
There is a game afoot! I’m helping them host their Tweet Dreams event. This event pits me against my Bloggy BFF Jennifer Gerlock of Hip As I Wanna Be. She will be at their Fair Oaks Mall store in Fairfax, VA. Throughout the day we will compete against each other in a series of challenges. (I asked for a joust but the logistics were a nightmare)
What fun is a competition without spoils for the winner? In this case the WINNERS. Sleep Number would like to invite everyone in the area and all you folks out there on the “interwebs” to play too! There will be tons of prizes and fun (my request for meade and giant turkey legs was turned down as well). PLUS the blogger who does best in her challenges will win a huge donation for the charity she is playing for.. BONUS!
You all know how much I adore giving things away, and the prizes are HUGE. So come out -or log on- and support Team Westfield THERE IS NO WAY GERLOCK IS BEATING ME! So we can get a leg-up on Team Fair Oaks, here are the details about the challenges, prizes and more… (que the Rocky theme song)
- Challenge 1: Individual Fit Competition. After we are fitted for our own personalized Sleep Number settings, it’s your turn. Stop into the either the Westfield Montgomery Mall in Bethesda or the Fair Oaks Mall in Fairfax and get fitted for your personalized Sleep Number setting right in the store. Each store will be competing to see which can fit the most folks during the course of the day on Saturday. Sleep Number will donate $500 of free bedding to a local charity on behalf of the first store/blogger that wins the challenge. Team Westfield’s charity is Wider Circle, who’s mission is to help those dealing with post traumatic stress. Time: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Challenge 2: Best Books Before Bed. Reading is a great pre-bedtime ritual -I for one can’t sleep without reading first- to help you unwind from the day. We’ll be discussing our favorite books to read before bed on Twitter. Yeah two of my favs.. books and Twitter! The first 10 people to come into the stores and reveal their favorite books win a free Sleep Number pillow gift certificate (valued up to $49.99). Time: 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET
- Challenge 3: Guess my Sleep Number ® setting. After we are fitted for our Sleep Numbers, you need to try and see if you can figure out what it is. One of our on-line participants will be selected from all the correct guesses and WIN (and be emailed) a gift certificate for a free Queen or King Sleep Number Lyocell sheet and pillowcase set (valued at $269.98-$314.98). Time: 2:00-2:30 p.m. ET
- Challenge 4: Scavenger Hunt. For this challenge, we will post a list of 10 items for Twitter followers to bring into each store. Lara and I will compete to see whose followers can bring these 10 items into each store first. (HINT: book, scented candle, a pair of slippers, a bouquet of flowers, a blanket, a teddy bear, ear plugs, a housecoat, a sleeping mask and an alarm clock. Don’t worry I won’t keep them.. unless you want me too and they are new and very expensive and given because you know I’m so very deserving and awesome.. as if!) The first 10 followers who bring items into the store win two standard size Sleep Number True Silver pillow protectors. Time: 3:00 -7:00 p.m. ET
- Challenge 5: Fun Furry Fashion Show. This one is for the kiddies! Kids can participate by bringing in their favorite stuffed animal. And just for fun, all will get a chance to take professional photos! You can keep them for yourself or share them on Facebook and Twitter so all can see! Time: 4-5 p.m. ET
- Challenge 6: Just Like Mom. This is a great Mother’s Day gift idea! Win temperature-balancing Sleep Number In-Balance Pajamas ($100 value) by participating in an in-store pajama party (you have to be wearing your PJs to win!). The first five people to come to each store in their PJs will receive a gift certificate for these incredible pajamas, so be sure to get to the store right at 5 p.m. to participate. There’s also an online chance to win: Post a photo of mom/family in their PJs on the Sleep Number Facebook page and one lucky photo will be randomly selected to win mom some Sleep Number In-Balance Pajamas. Time: 5-6 p.m. ET
So if you are a slacker -like me- who lives in the DC metro and hasn’t gotten mom a gift, go shopping at Westfield Montgomery in Bethesda.. stop by the store and help me emerge VICTORIOUS over Jennifer! OH and we’ll even go “Hollywood” with an an official Tweet Dreams Photo Booth all set up and ready to document our victory and finally get mom those pictures she nags you about all the time! You can even “friend/follow” mom and let her check your pics out your Facebook page or on Twitter.
If you’re not in the Washington, D.C. area, I’m sad about that. But you don’t have to be, you can still participate. Just follow Jennifer at @jennifergerlock, me at @dipaolamomma and keep an eye on our Tweet Dreams tweets at the hash tag #sleepnumber keep us twittering and grab your chance to to win. OH and don’t forget to follow @SleepNumberSara who will be sharing news throughout the day. All the cool kids are on Facebook —–> “Like” Sleep Number on Facebook.
Now I take my leave of thee.. but hope to see you or tweet you Saturday (11 a.m.-7 p.m. online or 1 p.m.-7 p.m. in store)
Disclosure: Sleep Number has compensated me for my time, this post and participation in this event. That said -as always- I tell it like it is, my opinions are my own.