Confession time, I’m a follower. Sure we all want to be leaders, but sometimes following is what we’re good at. Let’s face it leading can get exhausting. I’m all about letting someone else do some of the work for a change. Heck I’ve got four kids so it’s not like I live a life of leisure… more like a life of laundry!
This time I’m letting the girls of Mamavation take the lead. I’ve known Leah -founder and motivator extraordinaire- for a few years now and am always in awe of her. She leads by example, losing weight, kicking butt and taking names. When my friend Amy -aka Resourceful Mommy– announced that she’d lost 14 pounds and was in training for the Disney 5K this October I said to myself; “Self, there’s some chicks to follow!”
Rather than subjecting myself to medically unnecessary needles, by getting a tattoo in honor of having just hit the big 4-0 or purchasing a cool -if wholly impractical- sports car I’ve chosen to get my butt off the sofa and get some butt off my BUTT by running my first 5k. I hope not to fall flat on my face or run into a tree whilst turning my eyes to heaven praying that I don’t die. Who knows maybe one day I’ll join Jennifer in a marathon (as if) and then I’ll be Hip As I Wanna Be.
Kicking off this journey I’m joining in the Mamavation Monday, motivation today and ripping off following Amy’s example. Which was inspired by Caio Mom. Join us all for some warm-fuzzy-fuzziness and link up with a list of 13 things you like about YOU!
Here is mine:
1. I have cute feet. (odd but true)
2. I’m a wealth of useless information. Which makes me kick-ass at Jeopardy!
3. I’m loyal.
4. I can cook just about anything. This may or may not bode well for my Mamavation journey.
5. I’ve got a great vocabulary.
6. I’m eloquently loquacious. See number 5.
7. I can make most people laugh. I’m still working on my mother-in-law.
8. I tend to put people at ease. I grew up being the awkward one so I try very hard not to allow anyone else to feel that way if I can help it.
9. I’m super spontaneous.
10. I have beautiful eyes that change color. One day they are a misty light blue, the next they are disturbingly bright blue. With no help from colored contacts. In fact the only colored contacts I own are Twilight Red!
11. I own several plate-sized belt buckles earned by riding horses since I was 9 years old.
12. I’m a good writer. Honest I am.. you might not see it here but I’m freaking Hemingway in my journal and as a ghost writer.
13. I never quit.