I had a blast at BlogHer 12. Thousands of chicks who blog all in one hotel in NYC, you’d be hard pressed not to have an experience. One of the many I had was some pampering and the opportunity to connect with Dermatologist, and very funny lady, Dr. Baldwin. We melted under the hot lights of the cameras and chatted about a few Rosacea Facts. (see our video here, and know why I’m SO back at Weight Watchers, oy!) Why is this relevant to me? Do I have Rosacea? No, but I do have sensitive skin, and suffer from Eczema, as does one of the Lil Nuggets. Plus, I’m just freaking older than dirt. Also, I believe my Grandmother may have had Rosacea. With all that history, I wanted to learn more.
Hey, you can never know too much – or can you?
So what IS Rosacea? It is a common skin condition that affects over 16 million Americans, yet it is still somewhat unknown and poorly understood. Often characterized by flare-ups and periods of remissions, Rosacea is a chronic, inflammatory skin condition that causes persistent facial redness, blemishes and bumps. Although Rosacea can affect anyone, people over age 30 with fair skin and a family history are most at risk.
Symptoms of Rosacea can vary greatly from person to person but may include:
• Blushing: a tendency to blush or flush easily
• Redness: persistent redness in the center of the face
• Irritation: a burning or stinging sensation on the face; the skin also may itch or feel tight
• Bumps: red bumps, visible blood vessels and pus-filled pimples may occur
• Eyes: burning, itching, watery eyes and/or swollen eyelids
Does NOT sound fun, eh? What we need is this post is some fun! How about a giveaway? How about some beauty products that are gentle for folks with fussy skin like mine?
- 1 16 ounce bottle of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
- 1 16 ounce bottle of Cetaphil DailyAdvance Lotion (awesome for dry skin)
- 1 1.7 ounce tuble of Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer (my teen swears by this stuff)
- and a cute little compact to stow in your purse!
To enter leave a comment about your skin concerns. Whether it’s Rosacea, those darn pesky wrinkles (hate them), dry skin or anything else. For a second entry, visit Rosacea Facts and take their survey (stop back by and leave a comment). Winner will be chosen by random number generation and notified on or about September 15, 2012.
Disclosure: I received compensation for my time in hosting this giveaway. I truly am concerned about skincare issues and am happy to be able to share this information with my readers. As ALWAYS my opinions are entirely my own. I am not a skincare professional and do not claim that the products offered in this giveaway can be used to treat, or cure, any condition.