As my kids got older, hunting Easter Eggs wasn’t quite as fun as it used to be. Okay maybe it’s just that hiding the suckers got harder. Our family still loved to color and eat them. So what would we do with them in between? The answer…
Get Your Egg Wrestler Ready!
- Hard boil eggs
- Let them cool (trust me, you don’t want to try and handle hot eggs… ouch!… um, not that I’ve done that or anything)
- Using sharpie markers, Luchador-Up your eggs. Give them titles and spunk. The guy above is, “El Chupacabra Eggito“
- Color your egg in the traditional way, or you can let the artwork go “naked”
- Let the eggs sit until dye and ink is dry
- Refrigerate at least over night
Easter Egg Wrestling Rules;
- Each player gets 2-4 eggs
- Players face off on the battle field (I suggest out doors or on an easy to clean surface)
- Flip a coin to see who goes first
- First player knocks their egg into their opponent’s egg. If it breaks they win, if it doesn’t the opponent gets a turn
- Back-and-forth it goes between players until one egg is broken
- The victor sets their winning egg aside for the championship round
- The last egg standing, unbroken WINS!
We give cash or a great prize to the winner. Ah… but champion isn’t the only winner. In amongst the eggs I’ve provided for decorating is a RAW EGG. The person who gets that -not only gets egg all over but wins a prize too. It adds an element of surprise that cracks us all up. <– see what I did there?
Have a blast playing with your food, and have a HAPPY Easter!