I’m waiting for Target Corp goons to knock on my door like the retail mafia, telling me to shut down my blog before I sleep with the fishes.. I keep getting such STEALS there (hubby is still hitting them almost daily for the battery deal, see battery post for details).
This time it’s the Airwick Luminair Flame-less Candle Scents starter kit. Target has them on sale for $4.99. There is a coupon from RedPlum out there for $5 off.. WOWWEEEE.. that means free baby! Or if you don’t have that coupon you can still pick em up CHEAP by printing the coupon from here: www.airwick.us/luminair/
They usually retail for about $10 (or more) so even with only the $3 coupon and the Target sale you’re still making out!
War can turn even the most level headed and intelligent man into a crazed lunatic.
This epic battle has turned my husband into just this. The foam failed (see installment one for details). Even putting our own Miss Coco Chanel Kitty out on THE ROOF to chase away the rodent scourge fell short of a win. Not to mention after she chased after the insurgents, she spent 15 minutes trying to find a way down from the roof. Finally our War Lord (my husband) had to send his valiant lieutenant (#1, our 15 year old son) out on the roof to rescue the cat. But dear reader this is not the lunacy of which I intend to tell you about, no this was just the lull in the storm of insanity. Say with me now our plea/chant for sanity “Call a roofer! Call a roofer!”…
The depths of my husband’s madness find further lows. I came upon him in the kitchen, a pair of grooming scissors in one hand and #2’s (our 9 yr old) old FurReal Friends motion activated animated cat in the other. In fear of the answer I did not ask the obvious question, “What are you doing”. I simply stood there watching him trim the faux fur from around the cat’s plastic eyes. Noticing my presence, he paused to ask me if I knew where the thick black sharpie marker was. Left with no other choice I asked him why. He replied that he wanted to “paint” the fake cat black and white (it was already a dingy white hue). Once again, with no choice left, I was compelled to ask why. The shock of his reply still echos in my ears (followed by copious laughter)..
“So the squirrels think it looks more realistic. I’m going to put it in the litter box so it smells like a cat. When they get near it, it will meow and move. That should scare them away from the nest they made in the roof.” That’s it the king has lost his marbles!! But no dear readers this is NOT the end of this tale of deepening insanity!!! When asked why he was clipping the faux fur, his response was “So that they can see it’s eyes”.. I found myself envisioning three squirrel’s standing near this fake cat, in poses reminiscent of Project Runway judges saying to each other “I don’t know Steve, I think the eyes are plastic not glass”.. “Come on , Marge, you have to admit that the stripes are just over the top”…
Wait it gets better, if that is the right word for this, when he finally puts the cat on the roof near the hole the squirrels have whittled out of our roof… mind you he does this when I’m out of the house so I can’t yell at him for endangering himself and our son to put a fake cat on the roof instead of CALLING A ROOFER!!!!! The cat activates and starts crawling down the slope of the roof!!!!!! Foiled again, I’m sure he is planning his next volley in this ongoing war of wits (Squirrels 10 Husband 0). And in answer to your question, no the roofer hasn’t been called in yet.
Stay tuned for updates
Wooo Hoooo! Just had to share that the hubby and I printed 15 of the battery coupons, and hit the Target circuit this weekend. We got enough batteries for the holidays AND #3’s birthday on the 11th and all we paid was taxes for a whopping total of… drum roll please…$1.90!! so check my last post and grab you some coupons, get out there and save! It feels like a small bit of justice in this sucky economy:-)
Okay, by now if you’ve popped in on my blog more than 2 times you know I dig me the freebies and money makers. No amount is too little, no freebie is beneath me if I have to pay nothing I’m in like Flinn babe!
I know there are a few of you rabid savers out there too (shout out to Mad Boastings of a Cheapskate Mom and Grocery Momma!).. so I thought you might like this one, and maybe you already know about it… but it can’t hurt to put the word out.
Vocalpoint (www.vocalpoint.com) is a word of mouth advert and market research company. I’ve been a member (FREE) for about 60 days now. In that 60 days this is what I’ve received:
$100.. CASH in my hot little hand that day! For participating in a FUN 30 minute Saturn Hybrid focus group
FREE Venus 5 blade razor (and 6 $4 off coupons)
FREE Crest Weekly toothpaste (new product)
FREE Crest headband (no I’m not walking around town dressed like a tube of toothpaste! It’s the type you use to hold your hair back when washing your face or ATTEMPTING (in my case) to make your face look better)
FREE Kashi cereal bars (4 $2 off coupons)
FREE Starkist Tuna flavor sensations pouch (8 $1 off coupons)
COUPONS GALORE.. good ones too like:
BOGO on Delmote Fruit sensations (8 of these)
They also have fun and sassy message boards, great tips for saving and things like organization and kids crafts.
So go check them out. I get nothing from this save the mushy feeling of helping other moms make it happen.
In my daily 7.8 minutes of news this morning before cartoons possessed the TV like normal, I caught a segment on CNN. It seems that Oxford has released a list of the most over used or annoying phrases of the year. Well not many of MINE made it so I’m blogging my list and encouraging you to chime in too. Here goes…
10. But mom. (which most often proceeds the long list of reasons why one of my children can’t simply do as they’ve been asked)
9. I thought I did it. Well ya didn’t okay so…(see below)
8. Just do it. (I hate how my children drive me to use this one SO much)
7. Pencil (insert noun here) in. This one both assumes that I actually keep some sort of ledger of daily activities as well as puts it on me to remind someone else about it!
6. I know I told you. My husband shares this one with my teenager. And NO neither of them did tell me!
5. You have to want it. My wonderful instructor at the gym uses this one as a “motivational” tool. She is great really, but does she look at me and actually think that I DON’T want to loose weight? Yeah I’m perfectly happy with being the FAT chick in the back of the class behind the stick people in the front… PLEASE!!
4. But you said. Okay I may have said that before but now I’m saying this, deal with it.
3. You rock. Alright I use this one far too much myself. However, few of us actually do rock. I’m sure that when Jim Morrison looks down on this plane of existence as sees someone use that phrase to describe the likes of The Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana, he spits out his mouth full of Merlot extinguishing his hand rolled cigarette in disgust.
2. Any form of text message acronym used in verbal communication. My 15 year old sorely underestimated his OLD mom when he used WTF thinking I wouldn’t get it. And my 9 year old has been banned from saying IDK.
1. Man up. WTF, OMG, IDK why people would use this one. We all know the toughest gender out there is NOT the male… LMAO