In my daily 7.8 minutes of news this morning before cartoons possessed the TV like normal, I caught a segment on CNN. It seems that Oxford has released a list of the most over used or annoying phrases of the year. Well not many of MINE made it so I’m blogging my list and encouraging you to chime in too. Here goes…
10. But mom. (which most often proceeds the long list of reasons why one of my children can’t simply do as they’ve been asked)
9. I thought I did it. Well ya didn’t okay so…(see below)
8. Just do it. (I hate how my children drive me to use this one SO much)
7. Pencil (insert noun here) in. This one both assumes that I actually keep some sort of ledger of daily activities as well as puts it on me to remind someone else about it!
6. I know I told you. My husband shares this one with my teenager. And NO neither of them did tell me!
5. You have to want it. My wonderful instructor at the gym uses this one as a “motivational” tool. She is great really, but does she look at me and actually think that I DON’T want to loose weight? Yeah I’m perfectly happy with being the FAT chick in the back of the class behind the stick people in the front… PLEASE!!
4. But you said. Okay I may have said that before but now I’m saying this, deal with it.
3. You rock. Alright I use this one far too much myself. However, few of us actually do rock. I’m sure that when Jim Morrison looks down on this plane of existence as sees someone use that phrase to describe the likes of The Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana, he spits out his mouth full of Merlot extinguishing his hand rolled cigarette in disgust.
2. Any form of text message acronym used in verbal communication. My 15 year old sorely underestimated his OLD mom when he used WTF thinking I wouldn’t get it. And my 9 year old has been banned from saying IDK.
1. Man up. WTF, OMG, IDK why people would use this one. We all know the toughest gender out there is NOT the male… LMAO